Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Newsies soundtrack is blasting at full volume down the hall.

My boy and my grandma just came, saw and conquered the sleepy town of Needham. I thought this strange pairing would be unfortunate given Grandma's tendency to judge swiftly and harshly, but they ended up being best friends and she told him her entire life story. But now he is back in Chicago and I'm having trouble sleeping again. Serious case of whine flu up in here.

Second Session has begun at camp. The kids are older, smarter and more well-behaved this time around, but don't have that same ridiculous energy and lack of self-consciousness that the younger kids do. An eight-year-old doesn't think twice about jumping onstage and making up a song about rogue gorillas on the spot; an eleven-year-old twists her hands and smiles embarrassedly before whispering a few words and running off. That said, it's only the second day, and I think it'll still be a bitchin' session. I don't actually feel like I'm making things up on the spot anymore! First time for everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment